Building a Network in Your Congregation
Goal: To find people willing to make a commitment to
public policy from a faith perspective.
Some ways to discover these people:
- Approach individuals personally and ask them to become involved in
an advocacy network. Visit with
them after worship, after a meeting, or ask them to coffee or lunch.
- Have the church council designate an Advocacy Sunday.
- Have a place designated after worship where individuals can join LOGA.
- Hold an Adult Forum on Advocacy. You might even want to write
letters at the close.
- Give a talk on advocacy.
- Lift portions of the Legislative Update to put in your church
- Write an article about advocacy in your church
- Have a minute for mission and explain the advocacy network, the work of
LOGA or an issue
- Have advocacy network added to the
time and talent sheet for stewardship.
Lutheran Office for
122 C Street NW, Suite 125
Telephone (202) 783-7507
Fax (202) 783-7502